Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scrapbooking

Attended this scrapbooking workshop organised by Craft in Vogue recently together with Sis.


It was a rather basic session whereby we learn how to make paper rose (I fail terribly at it!) and also the basic concepts of scrapbooking.


I have actually created a digital photobook earlier & I would say scrapbooking involves similar concepts.


The correct placement of photos so that it will look more pleasing...


The theme that will fit the chosen photos...


The decorating material involved...


It might take eons before you get the final product but when you finally reach the endpoint, the results can be quite satisfying.


Started the bottom left product for the both of US during the scrapbook session.


Spent ages choosing the 'right' background paper.


Placement of the photos was a breeze but decoration was a headache.


Finally completed the product a few days after that with little items that are symbolic in our relationship.


I sewed the 2 'yellow-ribbon-look-alike' ribbons together with the school buttons on to the scrap paper and clipped on 2 tiny figurines on the string attached to the scrap paper.


I guess I can be considered a Karang Guni woman as I kept things as long as I felt that they might be useful in the near future which is not really healthy considering the limited storage space I have.


The top 2 items are created for my 2 Mothers for the purpose of Mother's Day.


They looked really simple and plain but it was the best that I could come up with and I hope they will like it!


Image



No comments: