Saturday, December 22, 2012

Daiso Washing Machine Drum Cleaner

Bought this oxygen based washing machine drum cleaner from Daiso to try for fun.


20121221-181640.jpg


20121221-181734.jpg


Chinese New Year is coming and it is time to spring clean the washing machine too!


According to the instructions, pour the entire contents of 1 sachet (2 sachets in a pack) into the washing machine drum and operate the machine for 2-3 minutes for the water to fill up and mix the cleaner uniformly.
Thereafter, switch off the machine and let the solution sit for 2-3 hours. Final step is to operate the washing machine as per normal for 1 cleaning cycle to enable the solution to wash out.


One thing to keep a lookout for as a gauge that cleaning has completed is when the sitting solution changes from light green to white.


Personally, I think it helps to remove the musty smell which might lingers around the washing drum if we didn't manage to 'air' the drum thoroughly after each wash.

4 comments:

Jong said...

Hi, I bought the same pack but I was wondering if I can use it on a front load machine ? The picture on the box showed a top load machine and the instruction is all in Japanese which I couldn't understand. You mentioned pouring the powder directly into the drum , can I pour it into the detergent dispenser instead ?

Jong said...

Can I use vinegar instead ?

impixie said...

Not too sure on that

impixie said...

Hi, I would think this detergent can be used for top load washing machine too since the main purpose is to 'cleanse' the drum and eliminate any weird smell.

As for the whether the powder can be dispersed into the detergent dispenser, I don't think there is a difference as ultimately water will still flow through the detergent dispenser before reaching the drum.