Friday, May 3, 2013

Items from Daiso - Highly recommended! *Part I*

These are some of the items that I would recommend from Daiso. Starting from the top row (left to right): magnetic plastic hooks, plastic kitchen organiser, kitchen tongs, glass container, soup ladle, silicone gloves, magnetic kitchen towel holder, Japanese soya sauce, salt and pepper mill/grinder, grain vinegar, melamine sponge, dry disposable floor wipe, wet disposable floor wipe, oxygen-based toilet bowl cleaner and washing machine drum cleaner.

Recommended items from Daiso
First item on the list is these magnetic plastic hooks (3 for S$2). I find them very useful in hanging up items (ladle/rubber bands/food cover etc) on magnetic surfaces ,eg: side of the fridge/washing machine.

Daiso magnetic plastic hooks 
 Second item on the list is this plastic 2-tier kitchen organiser. The top section is used to store the taller bottles of soya sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, Chinese cooking wine etc. While the base section is used to store random items like salt/pepper, garlic, onions etc. The size is just right for the limited counter top space and I like how the white colour complements the kitchen space which is also mostly in white. The entire setup is rather stable and is able to withstand the heavy load I have piled on it.
Daiso kitchen organiser
 The next few items are kitchen tongs, glass container, soup ladle and silicone gloves. I like the size of the kitchen tongs which is slightly shorter than the normal version and can be easily stored in the kitchen drawers.  The glass container is used to store salt and the air tight feature is rather useful. The various shades of blue is also comforting to look at. Have thought of getting the pink version as well but did not seem to find it at various Daiso outlets. As for the soup ladle, I bought it mainly due to the pretty shade of baby blue on the soup handle. The measurement markings on the soup ladle is also rather useful in my cooking experiments. The silicone gloves is another handy tool in the kitchen with my accident-prone tendencies. I like how well it protects my thumbs and forefingers from any hot elements. I also don't have to worry about dirtying the silicone gloves when handling the various food items due to its waterproof nature.
Daiso recommended items for kitchen use
To be continued....


No comments: