Friday, June 21, 2013

The Haze! Part III

After reading the interesting posts on Hardwarezone, Yahoo News, etc, I can only say heng (means lucky in dialect) it is only the haze and not SARS.

You may wonder why I say so:

1. Despite assurance by the government that there is ample N95 masks for everyone, the fact is that there is no stock anywhere unless you intend to pay through the nose for them ($3/pc vs $6/pc or even higher). There could have been better crisis management by the government. Where exactly are the 9 million masks? Perhaps the masks should be distributed via the RCs with proper registration in place (1 per pax) to prevent abuse whereby people resell the masks at high profits.   

2. During recent press briefing by the authorities, it was stated that healthy people only needed to wear N95 masks for outdoor work if the 24-hour Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) went above 300, which has not happened yet. I am not too sure about the last part... I am kind of skeptical about the PSI data. It is so hazy outside! My skin itches... My eyes itches... 

I think I should get my N95 mask soon and maybe start wearing eye goggles!

Model 8210 N95 Mask
Source: http://www.3m.com

No comments: